Providing Sign Language Interpretation During Events
Sign language interpretation is an essential part of ensuring our work to end domestic and sexual violence is equitable, accessible, and inclusive, specifically to Deaf people and communities. Demand for sign language interpretation is rising and expected to grow by almost 20 percent during the next decade, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
This course is designed to help you provide qualified interpretation during in-person meetings and conferences, as well as live and on-demand virtual trainings, and embed interpretation in video-based resources.
Through videos with experts who use and coordinate interpretation services and step-by-step guidance, you will learn how to:
- Determine the number of interpreters you need
- Identify important qualifications you need in interpreters given the details of your engagement
- Find qualified interpreters
- Prepare interpreters before, during, and after your engagement
- Communicate with Deaf participants throughout the process
This course launches in July 2021. Please check back then to register.